Welcome from Mr Bashir
May I, on behalf of the pupils, staff, Board of Governors and The Elliot Foundation trust, take this opportunity of welcoming you to the Shirestone Academy website. I hope you find it purposeful in providing you with a brief insight into school life.
We were judged as an Outstanding school by OFSTED and we aim to ensure children are given a world class education to help shape them for the future. Our links with the local secondary schools is excellent and we ensure every transition opportunity is given to children to help prepare them for secondary school.
We see our school community as a family, with third and fourth generations of families being educated at Shirestone Academy. I am privileged to lead a team of highly skilled, experienced and dedicated teaching and support staff. We also value the involvement of parents and friends of the school in working together to provide the best that our young people deserve.
As a school we believe in mutual respect between children staff and parents and his underpins our core vision to ensure all children are given the best possible experience a primary school can provide. This includes academic opportunities as well as non academic. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum enriched with visitors, visits, events and activities to inspire in each child a joy for learning. Our ethos focuses our expectations that our children are honest and respectful, care for others and work hard to develop skills which will allow them to be good citizens and achieve success now and in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you and your children into our school.
Nadeem Bashir - Principal
- Shirestone Academy is in the top 10 best performing primary schools in Birmingham ! Read the article here: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/revealed-birminghams-best-worst-primary-15553017
- Sports Day will go ahead as planned. If the weather gets too hot, we'll reschedule. Please ensure children & yourselves have a water bottle & hat, & apply suncream.
- The government has published some information for parents on the KS1 (Year 2) and KS2 (Year 6) national curriculum tests (commonly referred to as SATs).
- It is our full intention to open school tomorrow for staff and children (Monday 5th March 2018). Please take extra care when walking to school. Best wishes
- School is closed to pupils and staff on Friday 2nd March due to dangerous road conditions, adverse weather and a poor overnight forecast.
Latest School Calendar Events
There are currently no events.